Thursday, March 10, 2011

Uncluttering my brain: Life

I haven't truly blogged in a while. The blog portion of my brain is currently on overload. There are so many topics I want to write about. I actually started a list of things I want to get out of my head and it's quite lengthy. I thought instead of writing one looong post, I'd keep it short and happy and break it up a bit. Here are the topics, in no particular order, also with no promise that it won't continue to grow :

current.life
pregnancy
cooking {and other "chores" around the house}
fears.faith
desires of motherhood
home
decorating/projects

current.life
March has been a super busy month...and it's only in the middle of its second week. I was going through my planner and couldn't believe how many events I have stuffed into the first two weeks. The end of February was also quite busy for us...heck, the whole month was busy. I guess that was to be expected when one moves into a house. Peter and I have felt like we've been going non-stop...even our weekends are jammed packed. I'm hoping this Spring/Summer slows down enough for us to take lazy walks around our neighborhoods and around our favorite Saint Paul parks. I'm really looking forward to that and in a way, it kind keeps me going through the harshness of March's winter. Only a couple more weeks until Spring...at least that's what the calendar tells me.

This weekend, I'm helping out with Peter's cousin's wedding. I'm honored to be Elizabeth's personal attendant (I'll also be helping out with some of the makeup). This weekend promises to be busy. Friday, is Liz's personal shower, Saturday, is the rehearsal/dinner and Sunday is the big day. So exciting. I'm going to crash once Monday comes, I'm sure. :p

I started watching my 11 month old (she's almost 1!!) niece Penny again. She's such a doll! I've been watching her 3 days a week and will probably move up to 5 days pretty soon. It's been a good challenge for me having another little one around. It's made me realize how grown up my son is...he's such a great helper! It's also made me think of how different it's going to be, getting pregnant and having another little one around all.the.time. I appreciate the quiet time a whole lot more..and the alone time with my husband is precious.

The house is coming along quite well. It's crazy to think that we've only been here less than 4 weeks. It seems like we've lived here much longer (this is a good thing). We pretty much settled in the first week. I focused on Simon's room the first night we were here. I knew he needed to feel at home and so I made an effort to set up his room (decor and everything) and make sure that his toys were within eye-level in the living room. It seemed to work quite well. Simon hasn't had any issues with the change of living space. SO glad for that.

There are quite a few other things that I could write about concerning my current.life, but I'll resist the temptation to waste any more time at the keyboard. There is laundry that needs to be folded, cookies that need to be cut-out and a little blue-eyed blonde kid that wants to "Pay" (play) with his mommy. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...