Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Knock, Knock. Who's there? Spring!

I feel Spring is just around the corner. It’s not because the sun is out today and the temperature is above freezing. It’s not even because the snow is starting to melt and the icicles are starting to drip. ((I’m trying not to think of the 4″ of expected snow we’re going to get tonight – tomorrow))  I think Spring is right around the corner, because I have a GREAT desire to break out (and buy) Spring clothes. I’m quite tired of my winter garb…the need for dressing in layers and wearing old lady slippers around the house.  I want to be free.  I want to be able to wear jeans, a t-shirt and flip-flops without getting goosebumps. Ah, that sounds simply wonderful right now.

I’ve been surprised at how content I’ve been with this winter. I had enough things to keep me busy. Simon has also been more content this Winter in staying indoors and doing various activities to keep him happy. But now that it’s March, I’m ready for Spring. I’m done with the snow, the bitter cold, the need to wear boots, layers and bulky coats. I’m ready for a VERY wet spring. I’m ready to see flower’s poking through the the lifeless ground, the sprouts of green grass which I haven’t seen since October and I’m ready to see the tree’s budding with new life.  It’s been a long 6 months for sure and I’m ready for a change.  I thank God I live in a state where there are 4 seasons.  There’s always something to look forward to, whether it be new life and thunderstorms, hot temperatures with a brilliant sun, gorgeous autumn colors, or even cold white snow. What a creative God I serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...