Thursday, January 31, 2019

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happened a week ago when I clicked on Emily's Currently post. I've been wanting to get back on here for a while, but haven't had anything to write about. I'm either way too busy to write (too many things to write about, not enough time) or bored to death with nothing to write about. Or too foggy to make sense of what's going on in my life. More on that later. Today. I'm kinda experiencing a little of everything - Not too much going on, not quite bored, a little foggy.

And NOW that we have a desktop computer after going without for the last 8 or so years, it's so much easier for me to sit down and blog. Writing on a full sized keyboard with a screen larger than my head is so much easier than being hunched over a laptop.

Here goes my first post of 2019...



LOVING:
 
This desktop. I already mentioned going without for almost a decade. It's nice to get off of my phone and laptop and scroll with an actual mouse again. Even though it's a bit more masculine than I would like in my little corner of my dining room, I'm enjoying the ease of getting on here again. Also loving a warmish house. Windchills reached an epic -50 degrees here. My mind still can't even process that number. That's a 120 degree difference between outside and inside our house. #jawdrop. 



READING: Per usual, I'm reading more than one book.

  • Daily: I started New Morning Mercies at the beginning of the year for my morning devotionals. One page per day (totally manageable), full of beautiful truth - I basically have to fight the urge to highlight the entire page as I read. Really happy with this purchase.


38656999

  • Book Format: Iron Gold (the 4th book in the Red Rising series - my fave!!)

Simply Clean: The Proven Method for Keeping Your Home Organized, Clean, and Beautiful in Just 10 Minutes a Day

38915707

EXITED ABOUT: Getting my hashimoto/Auto-immune disease back under control. I was doing really well this Fall season (mainly because I was couch-bound for so long with weeks upon weeks of bronchitis). But then I got healthy and the holidays hit and I over-did it. My body started to shut down and I would find myself taking multiple naps during the day, walking around like a zombie and forgetting things. A friend of mine who also deals with chronic fatigue sent me over to google to look up the "Spoon Theory". I was surprised at how much sense it made to me - especially because the name is a little silly. Reading about it and seeing how many people this resonated with after scrolling and scrolling through the hashtag allowed me to feel like I wasn't alone in this lonely world of chronic illness. 
Spoon-theory.jpg
For more info see Scary Mommy's Post

So back to being what I'm excited about (this post turned depressing super quick). I'm EXCITED about my little bottle of miracle oil. I've done a ton of research on CBD oil and have listened to multiple friends talk about what it's done for them with auto-immune disease/hashimoto/chronic fatigue. I'm hoping that this "smart plant" helps me. Please Lord. 🙏

LISTENING TO: My boys jumping.off.the.walls. These negative degree temps need to GO AWAY. And school needs to start up again. Today marks the 5th straight school day that they've been home. I'm also listening to: The Good Neighbor (audio book), MPR radio (for the latest news), A Star is Born (soundtrack) and Wes Urbaniak's "Here I Go". 

MAKING: When the colder months hit Minnesota the yarn projects come out. Just like books, I usually have more than one project going on. I'm currently working on a bunny, two hats and a blanket. 


Foodwise, I've been making a lot of salads. Trying to shed those holiday lbs. There are so many of them (holidays). MLK day put me back a few pounds, but that's to be expected, right? What? You don't celebrate every single holiday with calories?


DREAMING OF: Is it too cliche to say that I'm dreaming of warmer weather? I don't really care, because that is indeed what I'm dreaming of. Take me back to Arizona! My thoughts wander to laying out in my hammock with a good book and the hot sun shining down on me while my kids play across the street at the park, running through the greenest of green grasses that needs mowing so desperately bad. That's what I'm dreaming of. That and better health. And cheesecake. Always cheesecake. Squirrel.  

WORKING ON: Various yarn projects, slowly but surely de-cluttering, and listening better to my body.

ENJOYING: The sunshine shining on me as I write.  I'm also enjoying my Ember coffee mug. Hot coffee for longer, yes please.


WEARING:
 Layers. Also, my hair down. This is the first winter I can remember where I didn't need to wear a scarf around our drafty 1916 home to keep my neck warm. Now I can just let my hair down and not feel like a layered fluffy person. I really am loving this longer hair. I'm glad dug my heels and was patient. So many times I was tempted to give up and go back to short. I will someday, but while I can get away with it, I'll be enjoying it long.


SINGING: "How Could This Happen To Me" - Simple Plan and "The Sound of Silence" (hello darkness my old friend). *ONLY* because my boys sing those lines every time something "bad" happens to them. And both songs get stuck in my head for dayz.

NEEDING:  Cheesecake.
I desperately need to run a load of home-and-closet-and-storage rejects to our local thrift store. Along with the rest of America. #mariekondomademedoit.

THINKING ABOUT:  My Grandma in Pittsburgh. 

I'm adding one more, because I think I would like to come back to this and see what I was watching. 

WATCHING:
  1. This is Us (current season)
  2. The Bachelor (current season)
  3. Victoria (current season)
  4. Riverdale (current season)
  5. The Masked Singer 
Okay, I did it! I finished a blog post and I'm hitting publish. Not letting it sit around in the draft folder with all its siblings. I feel like I accomplished something huge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...