Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I've got cabin fever...bad.

I'm fighting for contentment right now. I find myself tsk tsking myself as I gaze at my adorable little boy beside me as I sit on the couch typing away in my beautiful house that I'm so blessed to call my own.  Really? Why can't I be content when the obvious things that surround me...the things that should be making me happy aren't doing a thing to cheer me up? I blame it on being cooped up due to the retched long winter. I just want to get out of the Cities. Our last trip was out to see my family in December. It was a stressful trip due to the weather and my Grandpa's stroke.  I really can't remember the last time we took a trip and it wasn't stressful. I guess our day trip back in August to Duluth was pretty great...but that was still kind of hard making the trip all in one day. Anyway, I feel a need for a true vacation. Getting away from the Cities, from Peter's job...and the daily tasks that keep me busy here at home. It's all a bore right now. I yearn for something different. I wish I could just hop on a plane with my husband and go someplace where we haven't been before.  I sometimes miss my early twenties where I had money and a flexible work schedule and could go traveling with friends.  I miss the spontaneous road trips, going to various restaurants and spending money without a mortgage hanging over my head. And going to an actual movie theater. Oh, I miss that.  Being a responsible adult can be a downer sometimes. Just sayin'. Maybe someday we'll be able to take regular family vacations...and *gasp* a trip for two for my lover and me every once in a while. That time just isn't right now.  I am thankful for a Gulbranson/Hartzel family trip up North that's coming up at the end of May. It seriously can't come fast enough. I'm looking forward to the roadtrip, the weather being milder and the company.  Hopefully it'll be as peaceful and beautiful as I'm imagining.  Until then, I'll continue to fight for joy and count my MANY blessings...and block all of my friends who are going on fun vacations. ;)  Just kidding about the last part. ;) 

3 comments:

  1. ::cry::

    I SO wish you were coming with us!!

    I will totally understand if you block me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jes - you could totally come to Iowa and visit me - I'm only 3-3 1/2 hours from you and I have a lovely guest room you could stay in :) But it is IOWA...and not that exciting I'm finding out ;) LOL If you want to take me up on that offer let me know!! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I'm not going to block you, Ro. I would be dying of curiosity without knowing how your fab trip was going. I really do wish you an awesome time in NV with K&J and your family. :)

    @Christy, you're SO sweet! I would consider your invitation in a heartbeat if we had a second car. Maybe someday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...