Sunday, April 3, 2011

Dirt under my fingertips.

Yesterday was the first day of yard work. It was a gorgeous day, full of sunshine and the noise of the neighborhood children playing.  While Peter was out vacuuming the car and Simon was riding on his John Deere tractor around the yard, I was busy clearing the flowerbeds of dried plants and leaves...lots of leaves. I hope I didn't clear them out too early (Saint Paul, you had better not dump more snow on us!!).
 
I was pleasantly surprised to see all sorts of green things popping up from the cold, wet ground.  I'm really curious as to what the green things are - what flowers/plants do I have to look forward to?  I recognize the tulips, but that's about it.  I'll be a fun Spring full of new discoveries.  I also wonder what I should do about my hydrangeas out front. They're a dead skeleton of what their once vibrant selves used to look like. I don't know if I should prune them or leave them be.  If you have any tips, I'm all ears.  :)
 
We still have a TON of yard work to do (we haven't even started on the back yard (garden). It's still under snow and what's visible to the naked eye looks like something similar to mud.  Ugh.  Hopefully this spring-like weather will continue (yay for sunshine and 50 degree weather) and we'll be able to clear out the garden before too long.

1 comment:

  1. 50 degrees? Is that all? It's supposed to be 79 degrees here tomorrow. =) It's about time though! We've had cold weather a lot later than usual here in PA. Seems that way to me anyway!

    You'll have to post pictures of your gardens as the flowers come up. I'd love to see them! Oh, and I'm SO GLAD you say "gardens" to! I get laughed at every time I say "gardens" if I'm not talking about the huge veggie garden. Apperently, down here in PA, I have to say "flower beds."

    ReplyDelete

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...