Friday, January 14, 2011

Fill in the Blank Friday - Summer vs Winter

1. Winter is cold. Really cold. I'm not a fan of cold weather...or wet snow for that matter. But I don't mind it so much if I'm in a warm room with a hot cup of coffee looking out on a beautiful snow-covered landscape. It's when I have to be out in it that I start minding the snow and cold. I guess I would enjoy it more if I were into winter activities (ice skating, snowboarding/skiiing, sledding, etc.). But I'm not. It costs too much money for the snowboarding/skiing (as much fun as they are) and it takes too much time and effort to put on all of the layers to have an "enjoyable" and semi-dry time doing any kind of outdoor winter activity. And can I just say that dressing a small child for the cold winter weather takes SO much time and effort!!! So yes, Winter is cold and I'm not a fan.

2. Summer is my favorite time of the year. Unlike Winter, it's warm and dry and doesn't take too much effort to get ready to go outside - just slip on some flipflops and you're all ready to go (totally hands free at that!!). I enjoy sitting out in the sun feeling the hot rays of the sun on me as I flip through a magazine or read a fun novel. There are so many enjoyable Summer activities too - picnics in the park, kite flying, going to the zoo, swimming, bike riding/Rollerbladeing, outdoor baseball games, etc.

3. If it were summer instead of winter right now I'd be out on the deck soaking up some sun reading a book.

4. My favorite thing to do in winter is to go out and grab some pricey hot coffee, cupping it in my hands for warmth.

5. My favorite thing to do in summer is go to an amusement park with a bff or two!!

6. The ideal outfit for a sunny summer day is a cute frilly short skirt, a tank top and flipflops.

7. The ideal outfit for a frigid winter day is Leggings under skinny jeans, a cute shirt under a cardigan, smart wool socks, tall boots, a pea coat, a knitted cap hat and gloves. Layers, it's all about layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...