Friday, October 29, 2010

Mommy woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.

I'm having one of those days where every single thing annoys me. It started this morning. Peter left early to get coffee with a friend before work and so I made his lunch last night and tried to ignore the alarm as it went off early this morning. I planned on sleeping in, thinking since Simon went down late last night that he too would want to sleep in. yeah. He started to whine soon after Peter left and after a few minutes, I couldn't take it any longer I got up, not because I wanted to, but because I had to...because I'm a mommy. That irritated me. I started having these flashbacks to when I could sleep in and not be responsible for a child. I could have a lazy morning without having to change gross overnight diapers, warm up milk, make a little person's breakfast, change his clothes, etc. I just wanted to sleep for another 30 minutes, but no.

Since my son has been up he's been super duper clingy and has become my second shadow. When I'm irritated, all I want is to be left to myself and NOT be touched. Of course Simon wants only to touch and wiggle/cuddle with me. As I'm typing, he's half way on the computer chair, clinging for his life, trying to stay as close to me as possible...with me refusing to budge, hoping that he'll get frustrated and give up. Not happening. It's annoyingly cute. Of course he gets mad and frustrated (which annoys me even more) with me when I swat him away, he's a very determined little boy. And of course I start feeling guilty that I'm not in a let's snuggle kind of mood. I don't think I'd mind snuggling with him if he just lay.still!! but that's not how he snuggles. Today of all days, I just wish he would be willing to play by himself or be content with a movie or something. He's a wiggle worm the whole entire time...and that - yeah you guessed it - irritates me (today). I just want the weekend to be here...I need my favorite reinforcement to be here, my husband who my son adores and who doesn't mind being touched or tackled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...