Friday, October 22, 2010

Hello blog world.

Blogging has seemed to be put on the back burner as of late. A few days ago it started to simmer and now it's boiling over and I'm finding the need to type away.  The funny thing is there really isn't anything on my mind that I want to blog about. I'm sure that will change once my fingers start to fly. Speaking of fingers, my hands are cold...and I have an extremely dry face.  I'd rather have a pimple then dry, flaky skin.  Ugh.  I think my new Neutrogena facial wash totally had it out for me.  That's the only thing I can think of, as our heat in our apt. building isn't even on yet!  I've been trying my hardest to get rid of my dry skin...even tried a peanut butter mask.  Ew.  We have family pictures on Sunday and I'm dreading it now.  Dry flaky skin, with makeup over it isn't the most attractive look.  Sigh. I have 51 hours until then.  I guess I'll just continue to use EVOO and Jojoba oil on my face while I'm home (which should be all day today...but not-so-much this weekend) to try and help the healing process along.  Must conquer.

We're househunting tomorrow...again.  I'm so ready for this process to be over and done with. 

Simon is learning slowly but surely how to talk.  I don't worry about his lack of speech, I know it's a lot easier for children to learn how to talk when they have other kids around them jabbering away.  Sadly, Simon doesn't have that privileged all too often.  So, yeah.  Not too worried.  But, I have to say when he does start to say things, it just makes us sooo happy.  Peter and I look at each other and just melt.  A few evenings ago, he learned how to say "touchdown" complete with his arms held up high to mimic the refs.  It's pretty cute.  I love how sweet his little voice is.  I could get used to hearing it all the time.  :) 

Since the Summer ended I've been really bad with reading.  It was so easy for me to escape to the balcony with the sun beating down on me with a bottle of water and a good book while Simon took his 2 hour nap in the afternoon.  I was able to read for a good long while, soaking up the sun, and reading with hardly any distraction.  Now that it's cold outside, I've lost all of my desire to read.  I tried curling up on the couch one day while Simonboy was napping, but I found that there was too much to distract me while indoors.  Luckily, I'm still able to listen to my audio books, which I find quite helpful when I'm cleaning or cooking.  Whoever invented audio books should get an award from the SAHM club. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...