Saturday, November 13, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like...winter.

We got our first snowfall of the season today.  We went to bed at midnight last night with no snow on the ground.  An hour later the ground was covered...12 hours later there was 6-8" of fluffy, wet white stuff all over the ground and trees. It's a pretty snow...very hard to be mad at it when it's so gorgeous.  I'll be singing a new tune a few days from now when it's all dirty and old.
I woke up this morning excited to see Simon's reaction to the snow.  Each year is a new discovery for him, he doesn't remember last year, so every season brings something new to look forward to. He enjoyed Spring's bright flowers and the green, green grass and Autumn's falling leaves and now that Winter's here, he's loving the falling snow.  He slept in this morning and so there was a good 5-6" of snow on the ground when he ran into the living room.  Like a good mommy I had the video camera out, ready to capture the look of wonderment on his precious face.  I was not disappointed.  I only wish I had been prepared for this snow with a 2T snowsuit and boots for him.  For now he'll only be able to watch the snow from indoors, where it's nice and warm...and dry.

I said the forbidden words "maybe we should get our christmas stuff out today".  I was shocked as those words left my mouth.  Thankfully, Peter reminded me that we don't have eggnog in the fridge, so we are unable to do this unthinkable deed. Waiting until after Thanksgiving is what we'll do...no matter how Christmasy it looks outside. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...