Monday, May 24, 2010

Simon and his books...and other random things that are on my mind.

Still no word from the bank. June 1st is quickly approaching and my mind is already starting to fill up with things that need to be done before the end of June...like packing up a 2-bedroom, 1,000 sq. ft. apartment. For some reason it's hard for me to wrap my brain around the fact that we'll be moving out of our current residence in just over a month. I don't feel like I can start to make plans until we hear back from the bank. It's almost like there's a road block blocking the way.

Our apartment is being shown today to perceptive residents. This will be the third showing since we put in our notice at the beginning of this current month. I go back and forth between wanting our apartment to look all nice and tidy to wanting it to look like a dump, hoping that no one will be interested in it, if indeed our housing falls through. Alas, I couldn't force myself to be that cruel...and I can't live in that environment anyway, so my apartment as I type smells sweet and looks tidy.

My little boy Simon has been such a joy this week. He's saying more words, helping me more often with chores around the house...he loves to help me unload the dishwasher and also help put laundry into the dryer. He gets this huge grin on his face as he helps me. He's also been interested in books lately. About one or two times a day, the apartment will get really quiet (any mother of a child will know that that's usually a sign that something is up - lol). I'll start getting worried as I look for him, not knowing where the heck he's disappeared to. The search doesn't last long as I wander into his room only to find him sitting on the rocking chair in the dark looking through his beloved Dr. Seuss books. It melts my heart every time this happens.


As you can see from the video, Simon has become enamored with his paci. We thought we were doing so good only giving it to him during the night, but he's a smart little kid and has figured out how to retrieve his paci's from his crib. I think we're going to have to either take them away from him cold turkey or find a better hiding place. ;)

I must sign off now. Simon and I are going to go outside while our apartment is being shown. I hope we don't faint from the heat (98° heat index). Farewell.

1 comment:

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...