Monday, March 8, 2010

A much needed break. Time to blog.

What a CRAZY 8 days! I've literally had something going on each and every day - mostly fun things. This week is going to be exactly the same, what with Beth's personal shower at my place tomorrow evening and her wedding *squeal*, Friday night. I'm pumped and ready to go!

Last week I was able to spend a lot of time with my girlfriends. Wednesday all 5 of us got together for the first time in a while. We ate at a cute cafe and wandered down Uptown to this fun shop called Heartbreaker...too bad we only had 10 minutes to shop before they closed, I could have spent an hour there browsing through their cute dresses and fun jewelry and...shoes (which I didn't even get to look at *pout*.) I think our next girls day should consist of consignment shops and Heartbreaker. :)






Amid the fun of last week, there was also a sad time for me. I had to say goodbye to my sweet girlfriend, Brandy. We have really grown close this last year and I had a hard time saying goodbye to her on Thursday. Thank goodness for Skype and cell phones. :)



As I stated above, Ruth and I are throwing a personal shower for Beth tomorrow evening. I'm deep cleaning the apartment today and tomorrow (there's nothing like having 15 people at ones home to spur on spring cleaning). And, I made this cake today as well. I'm almost done assembling it - so far so good. I'm nervous and excited about the end result. I've only made it once before and that was a couple of years ago for Peter's birthday. It was a huge hit, and it's still talked about even to this day, so I'm giving it another try and crossing my fingers that it turns out just as well...if not better!


On Saturday, Peter and I went out shopping for the wedding. I actually found quite a few deals - skinny jeans, black wedge boots (both of which, obviously weren't wedding related), an adorable gray sheath belted dress, and yesterday, I bought some really cute Vera Wang bow shoes. love. I hate how excited I get when I buy clothes, it's seriously a disease. ;)

Well, enough about my life. I need to publish this, get the boy up from his nap and make dinner...ahh!! Breath, just breath. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...