Sunday, March 22, 2009

My sick, sweet, happy son

So yesterday we celebrated Simon's first cold...(celebrated is probably not the right word). Poor little thing woke up with a runny nose and sounded like a little pig while nursing. I think I felt worse about it then he did. He surprised me by being his old happy self, maybe more happy and laid back then normal. I always envisioned his first cold to be the end of the world. I always hated dealing with sick kids and was NOT looking forward to having to deal with one of my own. But instead of a dirty/snotty, cranky/whiny kid, he turned out to be a cuddly, puffy-eyed, sniffly, little happy sweetheart. He never ceases to amaze me. I do hope and pray that his cold doesn't get any worse, I would so hate for him to be in any more discomfort.

This morning Simonbaby woke up at 7:30am. His usual wake-up time in the morning is around 9:00am. I'm not sure what woke him up so early, maybe a dry throat from not being able to breath properly from his nose. I brought him into bed and fed him. Peter surprised me by saying that he couldn't wait for him to get to the age where he could get up and come into bed with us and snuggle with his mommy and daddy. I don't know why that touched me the way it did, but it did. It made me love my husband even more for thinking and saying that and it made me anticipate our Saturday and Sunday mornings in bed with our kid(s). I was reminded this morning as the three of us were laying in bed of how much Simon LOVES his daddy. The look of total devotion that Simon gives to Peter is incredible. I love watching them together. They already have a father-son bond, and it does my heart good to see that.


Here are some recent pictures of my dollbaby. He just gets cuter and cuter.


For some reason I think he looks way older in this picture then in the others


A definite favorite :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...