Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday, oh how I hate thee!

For as long as I can remember I've always hated Mondays. When I was younger, Monday meant another week of school. When I was out of school Mondays meant another week of work and now that I'm married Mondays mean I have to say goodbye to my husband...early. Mondays always come bright and early. I'm spoiled on the weekend, most times I get to gradually wake up with my husband and we usually have fun things to do that keep us happy and occupied on the weekends. Plus, I have an extra pair of hands to help care for the little one.

I've been thinking lately about my days here at home with the baby. Some days go by more slowly then others...and then some fly by. I think it all depends on what I have going on in the day. Tuesdays for example seem to go by pretty quickly. Every other Tuesday, I have MOMS in the morning and then Small Group in the evening. I tend to like Tuesdays more so then any other weekday just because I'm out of the apartment and doing fun things. I've been thinking about incorporating more things into my daily routine just to spice up my days a bit...for instance, I dragged out my sewing machine from the baby's closet yesterday. I've had some sewing projects that have been adding up and I'm hoping to tackle some of those today. I'm also wanting to start up my scrapbook again too. I really haven't touched that stuff since I got married (yes, that means I have yet to scrapbook my wedding...not to mention my little baby boy). I'm also looking forward to the warmer weather. I'll be able to take the little one out on walks, which will do us both good, getting some fresh air and some much needed sun. I'm also looking forward to having some "mommy time" out on the balcony once the baby goes down for his afternoon nap. That was one of my favorite things to do last year while pregnant. I would go out on the balcony, prop my feet up, and either journal, read a book or call my mom or a friend, meanwhile catching some rays and breathing in the fresh clean air. I hated saying goodbye to my chair and the beautiful view once the cold weather came around. *Sigh* I have a good feeling about this Summer, but I have a feeling I'll still dread and hate Mondays. :)

Here's one of my new favorite pictures of my Son


The cutest Peeps ever! I prefer the taste of the regular ones better though ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...