Monday, February 16, 2009

Trash to treasure...

I love thrift store shopping...I really do. There's just something about walking into a store where you'll never know what you'll come across. It really is a fun challenge to see what you can find and how much you can save. I've been trying to clean out our closet for a while now and this week seemed to be the week since my brother is coming to visit. Little did I know that we had 2 HUGE bags and two medium bags of stuff to get rid of that had been accumulating for a couple of months now. It's such a good feeling to get rid of stuff. I do find it humorous to drop off 4 bags and then go shopping, hehe...at least I didn't come out with the same amount of stuff.

So today I went to Hidden Treasures Thrift Store, (I always feel better about donating and shopping at a ministry-owned thrift store). I spent $24 and got all of this stuff:



I'm really excited about the art...now I just need to find the perfect places for them. I also like the little "6" sweater that I found for Simon...6 is a special number because he was born on the 6th (yes, I'm sentimental). Brand new jeans never hurt nor did dollhouse shoes...so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...