Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Surprise!

So Peter surprised me on Tuesday. He emailed me asking if I was busy Friday afternoon? I emailed him back saying "no, I don't think so. Why?" He replied by saying he had gotten a babysitter for the day and wanted to take me to Stillwater. My husband makes me happy. It's not like we don't ever get out just the two of us...we do a lot! I guess it was the way he went about planning the day out together that made me feel so special. Usually if we want to go out, we talk about it together, figure out all the details and then I arrange for someone to come over to take care of the babes. There's just something about being surprised and him taking care of all the details that made this so special. Thank you, honey!

This couldn't come at a better time either. I don't know if it's because we're in the dead of winter right now or what, but we've been itching to get of of St.Paul and go on a vacation (not that I consider this a vacation...but right now, I'll take what I can get!). It's not that easy doing so with a baby though...especially a baby who does not like to travel. Peter and I are kicking ourselves for not going on a trip, just the two of us before the baby was born. Work and such got in the way and before we knew it, August was upon us. Oh well. What can you do? One of these days we will go on a real vacation...not a trip to Fort Wayne, or Duluth, but a real out of state vacation - New York City, California, the Bahamas...some day. This trip to Stillwater tomorrow (even though it's just shy of 20 miles away) will be a nice getaway.

1 comment:

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...