Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I'm ready for 2009

So much happened this year. I was pregnant for the first 8 months of the year, so that seemed to kind of drag out the year, but not really. As I look back it kind of flew by. There were a few days that seemed to go on forever, but in reality it passed by all too quickly. I had such an amazing pregnancy. The Lord was so gracious to me. I experienced hardly any morning sickness and had an amazing amount of energy throughout the entire 9 months. I was able to work until May (only quitting due to relocating and having to pack up our old apartment) and then we moved in June. August 10th (my actual due date) was always upon my mind. Everything seemed to point to that date. I knew my life would drastically change once my little one entered this world. I was right. August 6th came around and by the end of that day I was holding my little boy. He was so tiny and perfect. My mother-in-law swears up and down that he smiled at me just minutes after being born. No matter what, we'll always have a special bond between us. My husband was such a trooper during that painful day. He stood by me through the whole thing. He was so strong in the delivery room. He impressed me and made me fall in love with him all over again. 2008 brought some tough times for me as well. Being away from my family was extremely hard during the first weeks of my son's life. I felt like they were missing out on so much and I was torn with a certain type of jealousy over my Husband's family. It just wasn't fair that they got to see my little boy grow up and my family were only able to see pictures and videos. Totally not the same. It hasn't gotten any easier, but I've learned to deal with it different way. It helped being able to visit them in September when my little baby boy was 6 weeks old. I was able to spend almost 2 weeks with them. That was special. The happiness didn't last too long though. My husband left on a business trip half way through the visit. I missed him terribly and felt like a piece of me had gone with him...not in a good way. He had fun in DC...maybe a little too much fun (but I won't go into that). I look forward to 2009. It will be a year of fresh beginnings, a year of discovery and a year of newness with our baby boy. It's hard to believe that we'll experience so many new things with our son. He'll learn how to crawl, how to walk, and how to talk, etc. It'll be so much fun to watch him grow up before our eyes. I praise the Lord for his mercy, for His mercies are new every day. I hold on to the promise of future Grace and ask him for the strength and the endurance to face whatever comes my way in the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...