Thursday, December 18, 2008

If I was a rich girl...

I wish I were rich. Life would be so much easier if I was. I've always wanted to be rich. There are many reasons for this. Some are selfish reasons, and some are not so selfish. I always told God that if He were to make me rich, then I would share my riches with others. I would bless people with the money God gave me. I know He has his reasons for not giving me millions and millions, and I'm okay with that...I guess. Maybe I wouldn't deal with the money in a right way, maybe He knows best, actually I think He does. I've never, ever wanted in my whole entire life. My family has always been in the middle class bracket, and my mom was amazing at stretching a dollar. I guess I got that from her. I'm not an extravagant spender (as much as I think I would like to be). I've never felt like I could go to a high-scale salon or buy clothes at a ritzy boutique, or buy shoes that were over $50...gasp, $100. I go past stores like that all the time and wonder what it's like to buy right off the rack, to not look at the price tag first and then the size, to go on a spending spree and not feel guilty. It's not like I'd do all those things if I were rich, maybe once in a while, but I wouldn't be a complete snob about it. I'd also like to bless people with buying them fun and expensive gifts, something that they wouldn't necessarily get for themselves because of the expense. I'm not a very good gift-giver, and I think that's because I put too much thought into how much things are. I'm always thinking about the checkbook. Sigh. I would love to be able to give to the church without thinking about it. Giving to missionaries was always a dream of mine. I love the thought and the concept of being an anonymous giver. Giving a couple hundred to someone who really needed it. Of course blessing my husband and son with fun things would be wonderful too...like exotic warm vacations! Sigh, that sounds divine right about now. I know God has his reasons for not giving us millions, and I'm okay with that. I just wonder what it would be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...