Monday, December 3, 2012

To be alive is a grand thing. {birthday picture post}

I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.

- Agatha Christie

 

My Pastor used this quote from the great Agatha Christie in a sermon a couple of weeks ago. I thought it fitting for my birthday. Life is a grand thing and I'm grateful for it. It's not always easy (I have few complaints), but it's a gift that I don't take lightly. I am acutely aware of my numerous blessings...

...Blessings like my little peanut, who adores his big brother (the feeling is quite mutual).

 ...And this big-ham-of-a-4-year-old, who sports blonde hair and blue/green eyes like his daddy.

 ...Blessings like this funny dreamy man who I can't seem to get enough of. Best 7.5 years of my life.

 ...This *wonderful* family I married into...


 
....And the family I've been blessed to be apart of for 29 years.
 
I love my family so much and I'm grateful to be alive. For to be alive is a grand thing.

Most photots taken by Eric Vest
Wedding photo taken by Lauren Stonestreet 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...