Friday, August 26, 2011

Weakness

7:18AM It's quiet as I type. My son is still sleeping, my husband just left for the day and the coffee maker just finished making my liquid gold. The only sounds that I hear are the keys clicking as I type, the birds outside and an occasional car as it drives past our house. The morning is cool with promises of the day heating up. The Minnesota State Fair started yesterday. We're for sure going on the 3rd (why does that seem so far away?!). I'm looking forward to it. Tonight Peter and I get to escape for a little bit and go on a date. It'll probably be a date of errands, but it'll still be a date. It will be a welcome break as I feel like my life has been overrun by kids. Yesterday was no exception. 7:45am-8pm, was kid time...most of the day Josh and Kiley, and the evening Jude. Being pregnant and not having a whole lot of energy to begin with, and watching someone else's kids (huge responsibly!) is somewhat overwhelming and taxing. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to do it and Simon loves having friends over - It's just tough sometimes. I kind of had a breakdown last night about having another child. Am I really ready for this? Can I seriously be a mother to not one, but two children? Will I do more harm than good? As I was brushing Simon's teeth I realized how much I adore being his mommy. He's such a great kid. He makes me laugh all the time and is a sweetie through and through. When I think of the stress that adding another little one will bring, I just gaze at my cute little-boy-Simon...and if that doesn't work (haha), I recite one of my favorite and well-worn passages: My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness". Today is a new day, full of new grace. I'm so grateful for that. Now I will slowly pick myself off the couch and make my way to the kitchen (I hope my coffee works today).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...