Saturday, July 2, 2011

hello, july.

It's the first of July. Since I was a child July has always been a busy...and poor month. ;) July 4th, festivals and birthdays, that pretty much sums up July. July 2011 is no exception. We're adding another July birthday to our family's roster. Bethany is due in two weeks (I think she'll go early). That brings the total of family members on both sides who have been born in July to 5. This is not counting friends who have been born during this lovely hot summer month. I've always told myself that if I could help it I wouldn't be adding to the July mix of birthdays with my own offspring. Every month is taken between our two families, but there are definitely some less busy months to choose from. ;)

Peter and I leave for our belated anniversary trip tomorrow. We're headed towards Afton, MN. staying at the lovely Afton Inn (thanks to a pretty great Crowd Cut coupon that we bought some months ago, while it was still quite cold out). I've never been to Afton before, but I'm looking forward to going and exploring. If it's a boring town, Stillwater isn't too far away. ;) We'll be dropping Simon off tomorrow morning at the grandparents and meandering over to Stillwater after eating a quick brunch...and then checking in, getting settled and eating dinner at the Inn's restaurant (another perk to the coupon - $40 restaurant gift certificate). The weather looks to be beautiful this weekend, goodbye insane heat indexes of 106...my house and I will not be missing you.

I just realized today that my husband doesn't have to go into work on Monday - duh, Monday is July 4th. All this time I've been focusing on our lovely weekend away. Knowing that he doesnt have to go in until Tuesday makes me happy. I love holidays! I'm really excited about this year's July 4th. We're planning on taking Simon to the fireworks display in either Blaine or Saint Paul. I think he'll really like them. I hope so anyway. :p Growing up we would almost always go see the fireworks in Fort Wayne. We never knew how the little ones would react, so that was always exciting. ;) My little brother Josiah was born on the morning of July 3. We call him the firework baby, because that evening we all went outside (including my mom and newborn baby brother) to the back yard and shot off fireworks in celebration of his life. One of the perks to having a home birth. ;) It's hard to believe that he's turning 14 on Sunday. I still think of him as a little seven year old.

No matter how crazy July can be, it's still
my favorite month. Hello, July. I'm glad you're here. :)

P.S
This is the first time I've blogged completely from my phone. If I've misspelled a word (or twenty) or the post seems unusually jumbled, I blame it on my iPhone. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...