Skip to main content

Project365: February 6-12

February 12 | I bet you didn’t know that shopping carts can make moving out of a third floor apartment easier, did you? Well they can. Elevators are also quite helpful. The combination of the two is dynamite. Bring in 8 wonderful friends and family and you’ve got it made. Today was the great move (in case you didn’t know, and haven’t been following our year-long adventure). We’re exhausted. Although we’re surrounded by boxes (you can’t escape the glare of packing tape), our bed is up and it looks so welcoming - I want to be there.
February 12 | I bet you didn’t know that shopping carts can make moving out of a third floor apartment easier, did you? Well they can. Elevators are also quite helpful. The combination of the two is dynamite. Bring in 8 wonderful friends and family and you’ve got it made. Today was the great move (in case you didn’t know, and haven’t been following our year-long adventure). We’re exhausted. Although we’re surrounded by boxes (you can’t escape the glare of packing tape), our bed is up and it looks so welcoming - I want to be there.
*
February 11 | I almost posted another picture of our packed boxes - just because they’re seriously taking over the entire apartment. But I didn’t. Yay for me. I decided to post a picture of my current favorite magazine. I received my first issue in the mail a couple of days ago and sat down and devoured the first half of it today over lunch. I’m so inspired! I can’t wait to read the whole thing and hopefully create some fun stuff for our new house. :)
February 11 | I almost posted another picture of our packed boxes - just because they’re seriously taking over the entire apartment. But I didn’t. Yay for me. I decided to post a picture of my current favorite magazine. I received my first issue in the mail a couple of days ago and sat down and devoured the first half of it today over lunch. I’m so inspired! I can’t wait to read the whole thing and hopefully create some fun stuff for our new house. :)
*
February 10 | Today is my Dad’s birthday. I miss him - darn miles that separate us! Today we also bought a fridge for our new home. I also got my hair cut, packed another couple thousand boxes…and received my first valentine in the mail. Isn’t it sweet?! Check out Jill Denton’s Etsy page - she’s so creative and inspiring!
February 10 | Today is my Dad’s birthday. I miss him - darn miles that separate us! Today we also bought a fridge for our new home. I also got my hair cut, packed another couple thousand boxes…and received my first valentine in the mail. Isn’t it sweet?! Check out Jill Denton’s Etsy page: http://j.mp/egq11u - she’s so creative and inspiring!
*
February 9 | So many boxes!!
February 9 | So many boxes!!
*
February 8 | Today was a fun-filled day. Even packing boxes put a smile on my face - we’re one day closer to living in our house! Yay!  Nothing makes me happier than making new friends and spending time with them…and my sweet already friends. I got to do both today (thanks to my wonderful husband who worked from home today so he could watch Simon). This morning I met 4 amazing women at my Titus 2 group and then this evening I got to meet another wonderful person who I’ve only known over the Internet. SO fun. I also got to hang out with my lovely MN. friends. :) Sometimes, I feel so incredibly blessed - tonight was one of those nights. So why the picture of the necklace? I dunno. I was lame tonight and didn’t take any pictures of today’s fun activities, and I’m having a bad face day - so a picture of an unique (and somewhat heavy) necklace that I wore tonight will have to suffice. I’m still trying to decide if I like it or not…thoughts?February 8 | Today was a fun-filled day. Even packing boxes put a smile on my face - we’re one day closer to living in our house! Yay!  Nothing makes me happier than making new friends and spending time with them…and my sweet already friends. I got to do both today (thanks to my wonderful husband who worked from home today so he could watch Simon). This morning I met 4 amazing women at my Titus 2 group and then this evening I got to meet another wonderful person who I’ve only known over the Internet. SO fun. I also got to hang out with my lovely MN. friends. :) Sometimes, I feel so incredibly blessed - tonight was one of those nights. So why the picture of the necklace? I dunno. I was lame tonight and didn’t take any pictures of today’s fun activities, and I’m having a bad face day - so a picture of an unique (and somewhat heavy) necklace that I wore tonight will have to suffice. I’m still trying to decide if I like it or not…thoughts?

February 7 | Monday is my laundry day. I usually have the laundry room all to myself on Monday mornings…and if I’m lucky all of the machines are in working order. I guess that’s one thing that I’ll miss about apartment living - the multiple machines. 2 loads done in half the time! I won’t miss paying $2.00 for each of those loads though.
February 7 | Monday is my laundry day. I usually have the laundry room all to myself on Monday mornings…and if I’m lucky all of the machines are in working order. I guess that’s one thing that I’ll miss about apartment living - the multiple machines. 2 loads done in half the time! I won’t miss paying $1.00 for each of those loads though.
*
February 6 | I woke up this morning, horrified to find myself wearing green nail polish. On a normal day, that woul
d have been fine, but today was Superbowl Sunday and my Steelers were playing against the Green Bay Packers. Green was simply unacceptable. I quickly painted over them with one of my team’s colors: black. Even though the Steelers lost, I’ll still remember the feeling of satisfaction as I painted over the green with the black.
February 6 | I woke up this morning, horrified to find myself wearing green nail polish. On a normal day, that would have been fine, but today was Superbowl Sunday and my Steelers were playing against the Green Bay Packers. Green was simply unacceptable. I quickly painted over them with one of my team’s colors: black. Even though the Steelers lost, I’ll still remember the feeling of satisfaction as I painted over the green with the black.

Comments

  1. oooh I LOVE Ready Made :) one of my new favorites!!

    ::warm fuzzies:: it was so nice to meet you too!! Sorry I'm just now seeing this - I'm a little behind ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite flower. The peony.

The peony is my favorite flower. They have always held a special place in my heart. For as long as I can remember, they've grown in my childhood backyard. My mom has a plant from the house I was born in, their current house - the house I grew up in - and a plant from my Great-Grandma. As kids, we would watch in awe as the ants crawled over the peony buds, almost willing them to open. It was a chore getting those little suckers off once the flowers were ready to be cut and brought into the house. But it was worth the effort.

My dad has always commented that the flowers smell like old lady perfume. Haha!  I still think of that when I bring the blooms up to my nose for a whiff of Spring. They're such a romantic flower. I wanted them for my bridal bouquet, but they had already stopped blooming by the time June 3rd rolled around. So sad.

Apartment living was dreary for me when it came to flowers. No lilacs, tulips or peonies. When we moved to our current house, I was …

We are His portion and He is our prize...

I've had this song in my head for a few days now. I love Kim Walkers voice and the passion that she portrays in this song. McMillan did a wonderful job in writing this song, the lyrics are so profound and encouraging and...different (the "sloppy wet kiss" part makes me smile). I especially love the first part of this song...

He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.



He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us so,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all

Yeah, He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves …

Be Still, My Soul. Remembering...

My first post of 2014.

Looking back on my last post, I'm overwhelmed with many emotions. It was the last post before our world was turned upside down, before the cold weather hit hard, before doctor visits became our norm. Before Halloween, Thanksgiving, my 30th birthday, Christmas and New Years. Looking back at the title of that post, I'm struck with how appropriate it was for the rest of the year. I tried to blog a few times since October 13th. But I never got to the point where I felt like I could publish. I had a million and one thoughts constantly tumbling around in my tiny mind. Writing helped to unload it, but just like it is with my trusty old dishwasher, there's always dirty dishes to take the place of the clean ones and I found myself overwhelmed and overcome with both good and bad...clean and dirty. My brain has felt like mush since October. Add holidays, getting sick, taking care of sickies, being the strong one, being the brave one, being the hea…