Thursday, February 17, 2011

Knitting.

I've been all about knitting lately. I sat down last night and took out my current project (mittens for Simon) and knitted for 30 minutes. It was so relaxing...and just what I needed after a stressful week. 

I've set my crochet hook down and have picked up not 2...but 4(!) needles in happy anticipation of what my multiple needles will create. I can't thank my mom enough for showing me how to work with double-pointed needles (dpn).  It took me quite a few tries, getting used to the awkwardness of using more than 2 needles...but I conquered and came out a winner. I still don't like starting off a pattern with dpns, but the more I do, the easier it gets.  My very first project using dpns was an owl. A very cute owl at that. Once I dig out all of my yarn treasures, I'll post a picture of it (I still have to create felt eyes and such for it - so, for now it's a cute little blind purple/yellow owl).

The more I learn, the more I love working with yarn.  I think my next project will be fingerless gloves. They would come in quite handy (ha, no pun intended) for when I sit down to blog, or text, or...knit.  I will leave you with a few pictures of my *hopefully* upcoming projects.  (I doubt I'll do them all...but I can dream).










No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...