Saturday, August 21, 2010

An update on THE house...

My son has developed a painless (from what we can tell) limp in his right leg.  It's getting worse and I fear that we'll be going to the chiropractor and possibly the doctor after the weekend is over with to get it checked out.  This has happened once before and it went away on its own, although I think the limp wasn't as pronounced as this current one is.  If you think of it, could you pray for him?  Thanks. :)

Now for the real reason that I'm blogging today...

A long overdue update on "our" house.  After 18 weeks (just over 4 months) we finally received confirmation from the bank that our offer was accepted and that a mid-September closing date was in the works for us.  It's a very surreal feeling knowing that, Lord willing, in less then a month we'll own a house!  Our apartment lease expires at the end of October, so it looks like we'll have a good month and a half to move in (more like deep clean the house, paint, re-do the tiny bathroom, etc. and then move in and unpack).  I'm really excited that we won't have to stress for time in packing and cleaning.  It's going to be a crazy month, but we're both up for this little adventure.  We were able to get the house inspected 2 weeks ago and came up with only a handful of moderately-easy (fingers crossed) projects...and a couple of not so easy projects.  Nothing major.  This house will certainly keep us busy. :)   Peter and I are going to Home Depot tonight for our date night to look at a bunch of stuff - paint samples included.  Should be fun and highly romantic. ;)

Thank you to everyone who prayed for us during these last 6 months (you know who you are). It was a much longer process then we first anticipated...but we found out that the average short sale takes 9-12 months to process, so I guess the Lord decided to bless us with a shorter time period.  Thank you, Jesus.  

So yeah, I'm really looking forward to making this house our own.  I think the thing I'm most nervous about is picking out the right paint colors for each room to go along with our furniture/lifestyle (such a lame fear).  Every.single.room needs a new paint job - there are crayon markings everywhere!  Peter keeps reassuring me that if we're not happy with the paint, we can pick something new...it's not a permanent disaster.  He's right. 

I can't wait to post pictures, but will probably have to wait until we close on the house since the sellers are still living there.  I'm looking forward to doing before and after pictures (B&A pictures have always intrigued me, especially when they're my own).  So yes, I will try to keep you all updated and hopefully by mid-September we will be first time homeowners.  Bring it on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...