Friday, July 23, 2010

Two weeks from today

...my little one turns 2. TWO!! It hardly seems possible.

I remember last year watching him turn into a toddler. Seeing him change in appearance, hearing his first word ("hi") and watching him as he took his first steps at 11 months. This year, he's still changing. He's half my height (coming up to hip bone) and adding new words to his vocabulary on a daily basis. I'm looking forward to when he can keep up a conversation with me. :) He's such a funny little kid. He's a mixture of his father and of me. He's a miniature version of his daddy in the looks department. I still can't get over how blonde his hair is and how blue his darling bright eyes are. He definitely has my temper and my curious nature (which drives his daddy nuts!). ;) He has my little sister's mouth and smile and every so often he reminds me of my siblings.

As much as he takes after his parents, he is very much his own self. He has unique qualities that can't be found anywhere else. His little voice and his infectious giggles are quite adorable and I can't seem to get enough of them. His little neck is the most ticklish and 9 times out of 10 I can get a belly laugh out of him while tickling him. He's a very picky eater (not sure where he got that from) and doesn't like to try new things out. That's quite frustrating for his mama, but at least he eats some things, so for that I'm grateful. He no longer enjoys riding in the stroller for long periods of time. He's very much a walker and gets frustrated if he can't move his legs. Our first road trip is coming up this fall sometime, that's going to be interesting. From the very beginning he's been an excellent sleeper. He still gets 14-16 hours of sleep (on an average day, he wakes up at 8:00am, goes down for a nap at 1:00pm, wakes up at 3:00 and then goes back down for bed at 8:00pm). Sometimes he'll even sleep in until 9:00 or 10 in the morning (like the past 2 mornings) and will sleep in until 4:00 in the afternoon. Yes, I am one blessed mama...and yes, he takes after me in his love for sleep. :)

Two weeks from today, we'll be hitting another a milestone. I'll officially be a mother to a two year old. It'll be weird not having to calculate the months when someone asks me how old he is. Instead of saying he's so and so months, I'll be able to say he's 2. Just 2. Wow.

I could go on and on about my love for my blond-haired, blue-eyed little boy, but I'll save that for later. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...