Saturday, April 10, 2010

Saturday Volleyball

I like to blog on Saturdays. When I do get the chance to sit down and write on the weekend, it usually means that it's a laid back kind of day, where nothing much is going on...it also hints at the fact that Simon is napping and the apartment it quiet.

I'm really looking forward to this afternoon's activities. Ben&Bethany are throwing a post wedding party at their new place and we're pretty excited about going over and fellowshipping with friends and family...and seeing their place. Oh, and did I mention that there's going to be volleyball? VOLLYBALL!! :) Anyone who really knows me knows that I love, love, loooove, that game. I used to play all.the.time and grew to love the sport in a deep way (I even watch it on TV when it's on - lame, I know). So yes, I have to say that I'm looking forward to playing today in this extra gorgeous weather.

Whenever I think of volleyball, I think of Flint and I think of my brother, Nate who is quite good and still plays a few times a week in local church gyms. I love playing v-ball with him and always am in awe at his skills on the court. He really puts his all into the game and will not think twice at sacrificing his body for the sport. lol, we have been known to compare bruises and back in the day, rug burns (yes, we used to play on carpet...lol). These pictures were taken a year ago this month when I went to visit my family. I can't believe it's been that long since I last played!

Okay, so this post turned out to be all about volleyball. That wasn't intentional, I really didn't have a topic in mind when I sat down at the keyboard to write. Oh well, I guess it had to be about something. ;) I hope you all have a wonderful weekend doing something that you love. I know I will. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...