Skip to main content

tomorrow...tonight...today.

Tomorrow, we shall do something that we've never done before - put in an offer to a house that we hope to own as our own. It's been a roller-coaster ride for this house, but we both feel confidant enough about it to make an offer. I'm excited.

Tonight my friend Rosanna and I will get together with our little ones as our husbands are away celebrating Man Fest 2010. I think this is the third Man Fest since we've all been friends. Us girls usually do something while the boys are away celebrating their manliness. Johanna wasn't able to make it, so it's just Ro and myself tonight (we'll miss you JO!!). We're planning on eating yummy Indian food, and watching a chick flick...and somewhere in-between putting our boys to bed.

Today, we had our first batch of April Showers. It thundered and rained pretty hard. As I gaze out our balcony window I'm amazed at how green the grass looks! YESSS!! I'm not a huge fan of rain, but every now and then it's okay - especially when I get to stay indoors and enjoy it safe and warm. ;)

((As I type, the sun is shining right into our apartment. I love the sun...and I love that it's still around at 7:00pm. :D))

P.S.
Joshua Radin is officially my new music crush. ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We are His portion and He is our prize...

I've had this song in my head for a few days now. I love Kim Walkers voice and the passion that she portrays in this song. McMillan did a wonderful job in writing this song, the lyrics are so profound and encouraging and...different (the "sloppy wet kiss" part makes me smile). I especially love the first part of this song...

He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.



He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us so,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all

Yeah, He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves …

My favorite flower. The peony.

The peony is my favorite flower. They have always held a special place in my heart. For as long as I can remember, they've grown in my childhood backyard. My mom has a plant from the house I was born in, their current house - the house I grew up in - and a plant from my Great-Grandma. As kids, we would watch in awe as the ants crawled over the peony buds, almost willing them to open. It was a chore getting those little suckers off once the flowers were ready to be cut and brought into the house. But it was worth the effort.

My dad has always commented that the flowers smell like old lady perfume. Haha!  I still think of that when I bring the blooms up to my nose for a whiff of Spring. They're such a romantic flower. I wanted them for my bridal bouquet, but they had already stopped blooming by the time June 3rd rolled around. So sad.

Apartment living was dreary for me when it came to flowers. No lilacs, tulips or peonies. When we moved to our current house, I was …

Be Still, My Soul. Remembering...

My first post of 2014.

Looking back on my last post, I'm overwhelmed with many emotions. It was the last post before our world was turned upside down, before the cold weather hit hard, before doctor visits became our norm. Before Halloween, Thanksgiving, my 30th birthday, Christmas and New Years. Looking back at the title of that post, I'm struck with how appropriate it was for the rest of the year. I tried to blog a few times since October 13th. But I never got to the point where I felt like I could publish. I had a million and one thoughts constantly tumbling around in my tiny mind. Writing helped to unload it, but just like it is with my trusty old dishwasher, there's always dirty dishes to take the place of the clean ones and I found myself overwhelmed and overcome with both good and bad...clean and dirty. My brain has felt like mush since October. Add holidays, getting sick, taking care of sickies, being the strong one, being the brave one, being the hea…