Friday, January 22, 2010

Spring!! Not.

So I've been bombarded with the word "Spring" lately. Everywhere you look, stores are clearanceing their winter clothes making room for their spring arrivals, the garden sections are up and ready, the colors on websites and store images are turning to pastels, rather then the darker colors of winter. And before I know it, I find myself getting excited and looking forward to the next couple of weeks...and then it hits me as I look at my calender, yep it still reads: January. Such a mean trick to play on a person, if you ask me.

This has been an eventful week for me, much crazier then last week. Tuesday started up our MOMS group again after being on "holiday" break for 7 weeks. Rather then sitting and fellowshipping with all the other mothers, I found myself in a room with 15 preschoolers. It was my week to help out with childcare. I hadn't realized when I had signed up that it would be the first MOMS meeting in almost 2 months, oh well. I had a rather enjoyable time playing and talking to the 4 year olds. I made a few friends and came away from the nursery encouraged and loved. One little girl in particular was giving me compliments left and right: "you're beeeutiful", "I love your hair", you have pretty eyes", "you have a pretty voice", "I like your earrings". As you can imagine, I just wanted to scoop that little dear into my arms and take her home with me. Haha. I also had a little boy tug on my sleeve during snack time, asking me if I would pray for him. His great-grandpa had just passed away and he was feeling sad. That just about made my heart melt. All in all, working and playing with that age group, really made me look forward to the next couple of years with my Simon.

Yesterday, Ruth and I got together to work on Jackie's baby shower that we're hosting on Saturday. Everything is coming along beautifully! I can't wait to see the finished results - the decor, food and special little things that we're doing to make it extra special for our dear sister-in-law, Jackie and the wonderful bundle that she's carrying. It's going to be such a blessing to have another little one in the family! :) Hopefully the weather will hold off the nasty icy mix of rain and snow that we're suppose to get tonight-Saturday. Blah, where's Spring when you need it!?


I am now officially switched over to Bare Minerals and I L-O-V-E it!! I was a little hesitant at first, but the more I use it, the more I enjoy the way it looks on me. Coming from a liquid foundation freak, this is a HUGE step for me to switch over to powder. There are many things that I love about it, 1) I love the natural look and feel. I don't feel as ugly without makeup now as I once did. Liquid was SO entirely different then my natural face that the difference was too much for me to handle and I often didn't go without makeup because I just couldn't stand the way I looked and felt without it. Now it's not so difficult for me to accept. It's hard for me to explain, but at least I understand the logistics of it all. ;) 2) It's SO much easier to take off at night!! I could never find a facial wash that was able to take all of my liquid stuff off in one washing, it was such an ordeal each and every night to scrub that stuff off my face. Now it's as easy as can be and I don't have to worry about getting each and every square inch off my face, for worry of breakouts. 3) Speaking of breakouts, I've seen a major difference this month with random breakouts here and there. Hardly anything to complain about. Yesss! So yeah, I'm a fan. It's still hard for me to dish out $25 for foundation when I'm used to only having to pay $6 for my Revlon stuff, but thanks to Ebay (yes, ebay), I'm getting my BM stuff for $5 cheaper and that helps my frugal brain to accept it a little bit more. Yes, I'm nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...