Thursday, January 14, 2010

My first 2010 entry.

It's been quite some time since I've posted...happy 2010 everyone!! I'm still trying to get used to typing and writing that. It's weird not having two "0's" in the middle. I've been amazed at how laid back this year has been. Granted we're only 15 days into the year, but still. The highlight of the year so far has been going to a live Viking game. Peter couldn't have picked a more exciting game to take me to. I am no longer a "Live NFL Game" virgin - lol. It was really sweet of Peter to get me tickets for my birthday, he knew how much I've wanted to go to an NFL game (it was seriously on my list of things to do before I die - no joke) and I was COMPLETELY surprised when I opened the envelope. Now I can cross that off of my list and figure out what I want to move to the top. :)





Simon continues to change little by little - I think I'm noticing it more now that his hair is gone. He looks so grown up! Peter buzzed it a couple of weeks ago and it's really changed his look. It actually suits him I think. Simon now folds his hands when we pray - it makes me smile just thinking about it. He's also learned how to hold my hand when we walk, it's the sweetest feeling walking hand in hand with my baby. I'm really looking forward to Spring when we can start up our walking and park outings again. I feel bad for him at times when it's super cold out and we're stuck indoors. He sometimes goes crazy with "cabin fever". I'll find him at times literally running in circles. It's times like those that going for mail is a blessing (gotta love apartment living where getting the mail takes 10 minutes). It's a change for him to walk the halls and use up some of that bottled up energy.



In other news not pertaining to my blue-eyed baby...

I was challenged this past Sunday to pray and read my bible more. I did pretty well last year by reading through the whole NT in a year, I missed a few days here and there but was able to make up for it. I ended the year right on schedule. This year, I'm going to mix it up a bit. I'm reading through the minor prophets and NT and listening to the OT on audio discs. So far it's working quite well. My goal is to finish the whole bible this year, but more importantly, draw closer to Jesus by doing so. I've also been challenged to pray for my husband more. He's having a really tough time at work and sometimes I feel like all I can do is pray. I feel so bad for him and wish there was more that I could do to help eliminate his stress. These are the times where I start feeling guilty that I get to stay home all day and not have to work outside of the home. I keep reminding myself that it's better this way. Daycare is expensive and I wouldn't want my little boy in that environment. I'm really hoping that my Dizzy Frog business takes off and that I can start helping financially through that.

It amazes me at how much time I spend on the computer each day and evening. I really want to read more this year and do more creative things around the house, and so I've come up with an idea. I'm going to try and fast one day a week from TV (not including wii fit - gotta stay trim and healthy) and the Internet/computer. Realistically I might have to go a half day starting off just because stuff (email) will pile up and I won't have my email conversations with my husband, which I will miss dearly - but I would like to get to the point where I can go a whole day/evening without getting on and wasting time. It's not like everything I do on the Internet is a waste, and it's not like I'm on all day (even though I stay signed on to everything all day - so it seems like I am). I like staying in touch with friends and family and emailing my man - but seriously, I can go one day without doing that and still be okay. I'm excited about the things I'll be able to achieve by setting this goal.

Like I said before, I want to read more!! Comment on my site if there's a book out there that you think I should read. I love fiction and am always looking for new books to add to my collection. So far I've finished a couple of books this year:

"First Light" (Thoene)


"Peter and the Starcatchers" (Barry)

I'm currently reading through "Jerusalem Interlude" (Thoene) ...I'm enjoying reading about the Nazi Germany period and even though it's mainly fiction, it's really made me see that time period in a different way.

Whew, so that was a long post. I guess I made up for being a "no-show" on this blog of mine. I think I'll click publish and go do something productive. Have a great week everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...