Skip to main content

Ramblings of a cranky person.

It's the middle of July...July!!! Oh my goodness, I keep catching myself in a panic that the Summer is almost over and the dreaded cold weather is about to make its appearance all over again. Summer always seems to pass too quickly for me.

When I was younger, July was always a favorite month of mine (it still is). We have 3 birthdays in my family (3rd, 24th and 25th). We also have a fun festival (3 Rivers Festival) that we always went to in the middle of July. My family is going tonight for the 4th year in a row without me...I'm just a teensy bit jealous (okay, more then a teensy bit). And let's not forget the warmer weather that July brings - although it's been a lot cooler then expected this year, which is a shame 'cause I adore hot temps!

This week has gone by sooo slowly. Not very much going on. I thrive when I have something to look forward to. Currently I'm looking forward to going to my Chiropractor appointment tonight (sad I know) - just getting out of the house sounds divine right now, cranky baby in the backseat and all. It's times like this that I miss working.

I have two full loads in the dryer right now. Call my crazy but I like laundry day. I wake up and I think to myself, what do I need to do today - ahh, yes laundry. That should keep me busy.

I feel as though all of my creativity is gone. I do the same things over and over throughout the day/week and I'm sick of it. Most of the time I'm focused on keeping Simon happy and preoccupied...and fed. I am SO tired of figuring out what he can eat. This kid has an endless appetite. I have come to the conclusion that he is a very needy child. He thrives on attention and loves to interact with people (which isn't a bad thing at all, but it does get old for me as I'm pretty much the only entertainment/person he has each and every day). It truly is a joyous time when Peter gets home from work! ;)

So yes, if you haven't already figured out, this post has no rhyme or reason to it. It's just a rant post and a showcase of my crankiness. Great. Maybe I'll haul out my sewing machine and finish up on some projects while the baby naps. That's different. Yes, and once the baby wakes up I think we shall take a walk outside (even though it's a bit chilly out - 68 degrees) with his new stroller - thank you birthday coupon. **Simon's birthday is coming up - ahhh!**

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite flower. The peony.

The peony is my favorite flower. They have always held a special place in my heart. For as long as I can remember, they've grown in my childhood backyard. My mom has a plant from the house I was born in, their current house - the house I grew up in - and a plant from my Great-Grandma. As kids, we would watch in awe as the ants crawled over the peony buds, almost willing them to open. It was a chore getting those little suckers off once the flowers were ready to be cut and brought into the house. But it was worth the effort.

My dad has always commented that the flowers smell like old lady perfume. Haha!  I still think of that when I bring the blooms up to my nose for a whiff of Spring. They're such a romantic flower. I wanted them for my bridal bouquet, but they had already stopped blooming by the time June 3rd rolled around. So sad.

Apartment living was dreary for me when it came to flowers. No lilacs, tulips or peonies. When we moved to our current house, I was …

We are His portion and He is our prize...

I've had this song in my head for a few days now. I love Kim Walkers voice and the passion that she portrays in this song. McMillan did a wonderful job in writing this song, the lyrics are so profound and encouraging and...different (the "sloppy wet kiss" part makes me smile). I especially love the first part of this song...

He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.



He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us so,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all

Yeah, He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves us,
Whoa! how He loves …

Be Still, My Soul. Remembering...

My first post of 2014.

Looking back on my last post, I'm overwhelmed with many emotions. It was the last post before our world was turned upside down, before the cold weather hit hard, before doctor visits became our norm. Before Halloween, Thanksgiving, my 30th birthday, Christmas and New Years. Looking back at the title of that post, I'm struck with how appropriate it was for the rest of the year. I tried to blog a few times since October 13th. But I never got to the point where I felt like I could publish. I had a million and one thoughts constantly tumbling around in my tiny mind. Writing helped to unload it, but just like it is with my trusty old dishwasher, there's always dirty dishes to take the place of the clean ones and I found myself overwhelmed and overcome with both good and bad...clean and dirty. My brain has felt like mush since October. Add holidays, getting sick, taking care of sickies, being the strong one, being the brave one, being the hea…