Saturday, July 3, 2010

July

It's only the third of July and my calendar is already full. The dates are filled with mostly birthdays (There are 5 birthdays that we'll be celebrating this month, 4 of which are on my side of the family). BBQ's and bible studies also take up a large portion of the month. All fun stuff - yay!

July was always a fun month for me growing up. Now that I live almost 600 miles away from my family it's become a difficult month for me. Homesickness tends to set in full force and I have to remind myself that pity parties are not attractive. It's been since November since I saw my little darlings (siblings) and my sweet Mom and Dad. 8 whole months. I've toyed with the idea of flying out with Simon before August (when he turns 2 and has to pay full price for a ticket), but the idea of flying all by myself with an energetic 23 month old scares me just enough to stay put (not to mention that SW doesn't fly directly to Ft. Wayne, so we would have an additional 2-3 hour road trip on top of everything else). Sigh.

I'm determined to make this a fun month though!! BBQ's with friends and family and my amazing bible studies will help make everything more enjoyable. And who knows, maybe I'll come up with the courage and the money to fly out to see my family before August 6th. Miracles do happen.
-------------------------------------------
Peter and I bought new phones last week. We switched over to AT&T, so take note everyone who still thinks I have Verizon (I shall miss my Verizon to Verizon minutes!!). I was embarrassed as I was switching everyone's contact info over to the new phone at how bad I've been at keeping in touch with old friends. It seemed like every other name that I transfered over was someone who I had lost touch with via voice (thank goodness for facebook!!). I'm going to try and make it a point this month to call my friends of old and catch up, even if it's only for a few short minutes...and I'll apologize ahead of time for my very loud little boy in the background. ;)
-------------------------------------------
Happy Birthday to my youngest brother, Josiah!! He turns 13 today - he's a freakin' TEENAGER!! Ahh. I can't believe it. He's taller then me and his voice is deeper then my own...hard to believe, I know ;). I love you, bro!
-------------------------------------------
Here's a hilarious video of my son counting. I didn't know he could count so well, nor did I know that he would find it so humorous to gross me out by eating play-doh. He sure showed me. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...