Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My odd little sanctuary.

There are times when my sweet little boy just isn't, well...sweet. 8 out of 10 times he'll go down for his afternoon nap without hardly a fight. Not today. We have something going on tonight, so I needed him to sleep this afternoon, hoping that a little nap will make for a happy boy later on tonight. When you're in an apartment building, the loud cries of an almost 2 year old can get quite old, very fast. There really isn't any place you can go in our 1,000sq.ft. apartment where you can escape from the noise, except for the bathroom. Today, rather then waiting out the cries at the computer or on the couch, I escaped to the bathroom, closing the door and turning on the overhead fan. I put on my headphones (I'm currently listening to Crazy Love), moisturized my face, did a little cleaning, clipped coupons and painted my nails. 5 minutes later I poked my head out door and heard only silence. It's amazing (and a little embarrassing, you'd think I'd be better at this by now) how 5 minutes of crying can grate on my nerves. I usually get headaches and my blood pressure raises when I hear his persistent and rebellious cries. So the bathroom getaway, or sanctuary as I like to call it helps me very much. And now I have all of my coupons clipped my nails are a nude pink, I have a smoother face and a cleaner bathroom...oh, and and a sleeping little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...