Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmastime is here...

As I sit sipping my Jazy Java coffee, I glance outside our window watching the snow fall on the already white ground. I think to myself, is it really Christmas Eve? I didn't wake up to the feeling of excitement as I once did, 20 some years ago. I miss that child-like anticipation of Christmas. There's a reason why Christ told us to be like little children, I think. I really could use a dose of child-like enthusiasm right now. I think I'm kind of feeling like this, because I'm not around young kids anymore. When I moved away from my family, I moved away from my little siblings who had that gift of making one excited about special events. I remember we would make paper chains around birthdays and Christmas. We would tear off a chain every day and watch it as it got shorter and shorter. I really want to keep up that tradition with Simon when he gets older. I'm looking forward to the next couple of years around this time. Simon will have that excitement that I've seemed to lost. I'm looking forward to him waking us up early Christmas morning, jumping on our bed begging us to wake up, as we pull him down to snuggle while we gradually wake up. I'm looking forward to the look of wonderment as he stares at the tree and even the look of greed as he counts all of his wrapped presents laying under the tree - lol.

Now that I'm older, I get more excited about being with people and having the excuse to visit with friends and family around this time of year. There's just something festive in the air that brings people together and makes holiday parties all the more fun. Here are a few pictures from this month that make me smile and appreciate the gift of love.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...