Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Mother's day...to me?!

Mother's Day is on Sunday. I find myself forgetting that it's now a holiday celebrating me, a loving Mother. When I think of Mother's day, I naturally think of my Mom, Mother-in-law and my Grandmothers. I think of seasoned Mom's who seem to have it all put together, and who have more then one kid (lol). Last year, I was an expectant mom. I was just over 6 months pregnant and feeling the joy and fear of becoming a mom. Celebrating last year didn't seem real to me at all. I wasn't able to hold my little one, watch him smile up at me, or feel the wet kisses and cuddly hugs that a sweet little baby-child gives out so freely. I was definitely feeling the kicks in the ribs though and knew beyond anything else that there was indeed a little person inside of me.

Motherhood has been better in more ways then I imagined. I am so blessed to have such a healthy, happy 9 month old baby boy. When I find myself groaning at his fussiness (due to tooth number 6!), I remind myself that he could be like this ALL.THE.TIME. I know God gives grace to the mothers out there that have to deal with colic, or babies that don't sleep through the night, or babies with medical needs. I salute mother's out there that deal with even one of these obstacles.

I feel truly spoiled at times with my little one. He's a happy crawling baby who is learning the word "no" with a smile on his face. He's been sleeping through the night since he was 10 weeks old, takes 2 long naps a day, goes to bed at 8:00pm and sleeps until the same hour in the morning. He's learning the art of imitation; you make a sound, he tries to make that same sound. Waving goodbye is the cutest thing right next to the blowing raspberries. He wants to walk so bad, but is still dealing with the balance issue. He gets the widest grin on his face when he gets to walk with assistance. We are still trying to deal with the being happy in the car issue, that's when his Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde comes out, but overall he's a really good baby.

God has blessed me with a loving family who has been such an inspiration to me as I've become a Mother. I've been fortunate to grow up in a family where the children were loved, taken care of and brought up with God as the center of attention. I still feel very inadequate at times, but I know that the grace of God is upon me here in the now and in the future as well.

I love you, dear baby Simon! Thanks for making me a mom. ♥




No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...