Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Song of my heart

It's amazing how one unfamiliar song can describe how you're feeling. Peter and I were driving back home in the rain with our sleeping baby boy from the airport last night. He had Tenth Avenue North playing. I know a couple of their songs, but I've never listened to their complete album. Hold My Heart was playing and the lyrics just shot out at me. I've had a rough week and have felt very overwhelmed with a lot of things. I've found myself crying out the Lord so much this past week and many times I feel like He's not there and I'm all alone. This song seemed to be saying what I've been feeling for the past few days. It's amazing how simple words can describe so much.

How long must I pray, must I pray to You?

How long must I wait, must I wait for You?
How long 'til I see Your face, see You shining through?
I'm on my knees, begging You to notice me.
I'm on my knees, Father will you turn to me?

One tear in the driving rain,
One voice in a sea of pain
Could the maker of the stars
Hear the sound of my breakin' heart?
One light, that's all I am
Right now I can barely stand
If You're everything You say You are
Won't You come close and hold my heart

I've been so afraid, afraid to close my eyes
So much can slip away before I say goodbye.
But if there's no other way, I'm done asking why.
Cuz I'm on my knees, begging You to turn to me
I'm on my knees, Father will you run to me?

So many questions without answers, Your promises remain
I can't sleep but I'll take my chances to hear You call my name
To hear You call my name

Hold my heart, could you hold my heart?
Hold my heart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd6U5ci_uB8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...