Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturdays

Saturday what a day what a silly little day
Time to kill take a pill as i sit and contemplate
How i'd like to be around all the people in the town with their fancy cars and things
But i've got time...

It's been a quiet Saturday morning so far. The little munchkin is rolling around on the floor looking up at me, being all cute-like. He's teething again this week, another bottom tooth. Now he's sporting two bottom teeth that will in no doubt be the cutest things once the second one protrudes all the way out. He's been a little cranky this week, but I would too if I had a sharp object poking through my gums. He's such a trooper. Peter is sleeping in the bedroom while I'm up with the kid...sometimes I wish God had made it possible for both the Mother and the Father to nurse the young...I know, weird mind picture...but hey, a girl can dream. Simon is waking up earlier now - no more 13+ hours of sleep a night, although I still can't complain when he sleeps 11-12 hours, that is indeed a gift. Even still, it would be nice to be able to sleep in on Saturday mornings with my honey...the same honey that keeps me up until 1:30 in the morning. Haha.

It's freezing cold out right now -6 degrees with a -22 degree wind chill. I hate winter. Today I feel like going shopping at the Mall of America, but not in negative degree weather, nothankyou. Sigh, looks like we'll be staying in again this weekend. I really can't complain too much, last night was SO nice. Peter called his mom and arranged for us to drop Simon off for a couple of hours while we went out to Olive Garden for dinner. It felt like forever since we had been out to dinner, just the two of us. Being out with just my hubby was amazing. I even enjoyed the 45 minute wait for dinner. There's just something about being able to go out with just ones husband and being able to focus 100% on him that makes everything so much more special. I really do love my man.

My brother Nate called me yesterday and surprised me by saying that he's hoping to drive out to St. Paul around the 3rd week of February. I am so thrilled. It'll be so much fun to show him around and to introduce him to all our new friends and our church. Even though it's still going to be winter, we'll figure out stuff to do to keep us busy, I'm sure. Ahh, I can't wait!

I love this song...

Saturday what a day what a silly little day
Time to kill take a pill as i sit and contemplate
How i'd like to be around all the people in the town with their fancy cars and things
But i've got time

Stop pushin all your tragedies away
Each moment has got a lesson for the day
Take something with you if you drag your heels in yesterdays
Oh these saturdays

In the haste in the grace i've been up to my waist
It isn't real what you feel when you find love in a chase
I've been waiting for the day when someone takes me away and i never get replaced
But i've got time

Stop pushin all your tragedies away
Each moment has got a lesson for the day
Take something with you if you drag your heels in yesterdays
Oh these saturdays

As i sink one more drink i am running out of ink
Feeling void paranoid about every little thing
And i wonder if i try to get up and say goodbye if i'll have the strength to leave
Cuz i don't have much time anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...