Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Move over Oscar, there's a new grouch in town.

Such a long week and a half this has been. I went from having a mild sore throat to Strep AND a Peritonsillar Abscess on my left tonsil in the space of a week. I couldn't have been more upset with my body. I avoided the ER (thanks to amazing pain meds) and went to a ENT clinic instead. <----- Most awful experience everrrr. But, she must have done something good because the swelling went down and by the end of the day, my throat was greatly improved. So thankful that the abscess didn't fill back up making me go in AGAIN. I don't think I would have handled that well.

Fast forward to a week later: I'm on antibiotics and still trying to kick this infection. My body is still working quite hard at getting this infection taken care of. The swelling is still there and even though I don't have any throat pain, the swelling on my left tonsil is reeking havoc on my jaw. I've had jaw pain before and just like before I'm having to focus on not clenching and putting even more stress on it. The stress of my jaw pain is radiating to my head and neck. Headaches and back pain. So much stress. I hope I never have to deal with this again. If I do...these tonsils are outta here!

On a random note, have I mentioned how much I hate antibiotics? I guess I should clarify that I have a love-hate relationship with them. I love them for the obvious reasons...but I hate them for the side effects. Bleh. I don't know much about antibiotics, but the ones I'm currently on are making me ohsotired and they leave a nasty taste in my mouth that lasts for a few hours. I'm also on a smaller dose, so I'm having to take 2 pills 8 hours a day, which equals 6 pills a day. The second set are the easiest. The  morning and and late-night timeslots are awful because I have to have to eat food at unconvient times of the day. I HATE eating food first thing in the morning. And drinking copious amounts of water doesn't sit well either. But it's either that or throwing up on an empty stomach. Waaaa. I don't like being tired all the time and I don't like being forced to eat. Antibiotics make me cranky.

My friend Johanna gifted this fun postcard to me at Christmastime.


I love everything about it. The structure, the print, the font and design. And the saying. She knows me well. Honestly, when I first got it, I thought of my kids. But lately, the saying has been a good reminder to me that I need to quick whining and complaining. It's hard to do when one is so tired and exhausted, but it's not impossible. My husband has been quite loving towards me even when I'm cranky and glum. He's shown me undivided attention and unconditional love when I'm at my lowest. He's the best. Seeing how wonderful he is almost makes me even more cranky (I don't deserve him). Haha. I'm hoping this dark cloud of gloom will go away soon. I miss the sunshine and flowers.

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good  {Romans 8:28}

1 comment:

  1. Infогmativе articlе, ϳust what
    I wanted tо finԁ.

    Alsο visit my blog - how to make a living buying and selling cars for profit

    ReplyDelete

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...