Friday, February 10, 2012

Picture post! {happiness abounds}

These are the things that have put a smile on my face this week. Thank goodness that last week's sorrow and grief were met with this week's happiness and peace.


My husband brought home Tulips for me on Monday. Just because. He knows they're my favorite flower and he loves me. He makes me feel special. This morning they started to really open. Aren't they gorgeous?!
Today is my Dad's birthday. Simon drew him a picture all by himself and I helped him write out a birthday message to his Grandpa Davoli...or "Papa Oli" as he affectionately calls him.  My dad is turning 54 today. 4 years ago I surprised him for his 50th birthday by flying out and spending a few days with my family. I was a few months pregnant at the time. Fast forward 4 years and I'm pregnant again, but "Miles" away.  Haha, couldn't resist. I love you, Dad!  
Speaking of Miles, he's doing really well. Still nice and cozy in my tight belly.


We had an ultrasound on Tuesday and everything looks great! He's growing as he should and is still expected around the 13th of March. I'm hoping by this time next month, he'll be safe and sound in my arms. I wasn't expecting this, but during the ultrasound, we got to see his cute little face (it was WAY cuter in live action - ultrasound pics tend to be a bit bizarre - hopefully he doesn't come out with a GIANT nose and baby teeth, as this picture kinda portrays :P).

Simon makes me smile in so many ways. He's constantly doing things that make me wonder where the heck did THAT come from.  Every once in a while we'll come up to go to bed, only to find his light on and him sound asleep with his cowboy hat on (his daddy's hat from when he was a boy). He likes to sneak the light on to read a few books before bedtime. Tsk, tsk (That's my boy!).  When he's mad at the cat he'll cry out "kitty-cat!!!". He's still really into superheros. The other day he was "Superrrrr Simon!". He was proudly wearing his grandma blanket as a cape and running through the house.  Simon has decided to start off the majority of his words with the sound of the letter "F". I'm at the point where I hope he doesn't talk while we're out in public. Sooo embarrassing.  He is a master at the TV remote and now knows how to access Netflix from our Blue-ray player all by himself (he even knows where his favorite shows are).  I have taken to hiding the remotes.  Simon loves anything and everything chocolate.  Simon thinks that the baby is stuck in my tummy.  Simon likes to start off conversations with strangers...and family members with two words: "Simon three"...and then if he's feeling extra generous, he'll go on to tell them that he's a boy. Yeeeah. As I'm typing he's throwing himself on the couch, looking at me with a mischievousness smile and then throwing me a kiss like it's a football.  I love him. I could go on and on and on (and I probably should for my own sake so I will remember all of the cute things he's doing...), but I won't. :)

{Praise God from whom all blessings flow}   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...