Monday, October 17, 2011

I'm Still Yours.

I've prided myself with not being overly emotional during this pregnancy. I'm really not an emotional person to begin with, so whenever I get pregnant (this is only my second time), I always hold my breath and hope that it doesn't change me into a completely different person. So far, it hasn't. I have had my moments of enormous amounts of crying, for example: when my dear friends moved away a couple of weeks ago...or when my tooth was bothering me - but I think I would have cried pregnant or not.

Saturday night, I was extra emotional. My friend lost her baby at full term just over a week ago. I cried then, but really cried this weekend when I watched her tribute video to her beautiful son. He was born with no heartbeat. The pictures and the song (Held) were just too much for my pregnant or human self to take. By the end of the video I was literally sobbing. I wonder if it would have effected me as much if I hadn't been carrying my own unborn baby. I think it would have...but because I am pregnant, I think it might have hit home just a little bit harder. Since experiencing that emotional moment on Saturday, I've been more sensitive. The tears welled up in my eyes a few times during the worship service yesterday morning (not to mention when I dropped my 3-year-old son off at the church's preschool classroom for the first time - he's growing up so fast!).  

I've had Kutless' song I'm Still Yours in my head for the past couple of days now. It's a song about loss...and about ones faithfulness to the One who gives and takes away. 

...when there's nothing left to steal me away, will my broken heart still sing? If I lost it all, would my hands stay lifted to the God who gives and takes away. If you take it all, this life you've given, still my heart will sing to you.

The song ends with I'm still Yours. 

I hope and pray that if I'm ever in any difficult situation of the Lord taking something precious away from me, that I would still be able to lift my hands and sing to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...