Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Busy, busy.

This week I'm staying quite busy.  My evenings are completely booked and I'm really excited about that. :)

Tonight I'm getting together with my BFFs here in the citites.  Our husbands are watching the kiddos allowing us to leave and feel like women again...not mommies - although, I KNOW that our conversations will undoubtedly be about our little boys - there's just no getting around it. ;) 

This week is going a lot better for me.  I hate blaming my hormones on my bad days, but the truth is, they play a major part in how I'm feeling - it's a proven fact.  I blame Eve for making it so unbearable for us, but then I take a step back and I can actually see a benefit for us going through hormone hell once a month.  It allows us to see how weak we really are and how much we need GRACE!  It allows us to humble ourselves and to cry on our husbands/friends shoulders and just be REAL.  I'm not saying that I look forward to this - not at all (it's the complete opposite actually)!  But me being the optimist, I find that there has to be something good when the going gets tough - that's how I live, that's how I survive. (Notice how I'm writing about this after my horrendous episodes?  Yeah, I'm like that).

Anyway, like I was saying above, there's something going on every day/night this week.  Yesterday evening, we ran some errands, and then met up with Matt and Jackie and the ever-beautiful baby Penelope - (she's so darling!) at Izzy's Ice Cream Parlor in St. Paul.  SO good. I could eat there every single night and not care that I weighed 200 pounds.  Okay, I would care, therefore I don't eat there every night.  Ahh, the price we have to pay to be healthy.  Tonight I'm out with my friends helping one of them find a dress for her brother's wedding.  Wednesday night is date night! Ruth wanted to spend some time with the Simonator and we want to spend some time in a cool movie theater...or a hot Saints baseball stadium - haven't quite decided on which one yet.  Thursday night I have my fabulous bible study (Lies Women Believe - how appropriate that I'm going through this study and having such an emotional month), Friday we're getting our church pictures taken...and babysitting for some friends.  Saturday, for now is empty (gasp) and Sunday I start working in our churche's nursery!  2 year olds here I come!! 

Staying busy is good for me and I'm loving all of the activities that are keeping me busy this week.

1 comment:

  1. I just gotten say it -- The Pill. It's the answer to crazy hormone problems. For reals.

    ReplyDelete

Currently

I only follow a few blogs still - they come through my email and if they look interesting, I'll click on the link. That's what happe...